Sunday, April 13, 2014

Worship practice

When Michael and Stephen were younger, I longed for the day when they'd be interested in joining in on the worship team at church.  Michael chose instead to run the sound system, and the closest Stephen got was playing drums for youth group when he was in high school.  So I've settled in to a nice comfy place at the piano, with Lee doing most of the leading and only occasionally playing guitar.  It works, but its so much better when others join in.

Saturday afternoon Kimberly asked if her and Anthony could lead on Sunday and I was more than happy to say yes!  They chose 2 songs and I chose 2, and then we went over to the church and practiced for about an hour.  It was amazing!  Anthony played guitar, I played piano, and we all 3 sang.  At times it was like it wasn't practice at all - it was just us 3 singing to the Lord.  If Lee had been there, that would've been the cherry on top.
I'm thankful for this time with my kids.

Happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment