Monday, March 17, 2014

One-skein wonders

These two scarves are my response to a challenge from Linda at Linda's Crafty Corner.  Since I joined the stash-busting challenge for the year 2014, I'm determined to drastically reduce the excess here.
The challenge was to take that yarn that you regularly pass over in favor of something else and put it to use.  Since I have several that qualify, but none of them really work well together, I figured it was time to divide and conquer!  The blue one is done in my version of a grit stitch, and the brown one is from a free pattern I picked up at Michael's awhile back.  Both were simple enough, but the brown one used up the yarn faster.   Both are one skein of yarn.


2 comments:

  1. Well done on meeting the challenge Karla, I have been looking at all your lovely makes, I love the bright blue scarf, and the green one is lovely too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a blogspot blog, same as mine so you can add a blog roll in your sidebar with links to the blogs of your readers...the blogs you visit. And you can add a link in the text of your blog post. I can tell you the 2nd one first, without going to look at the steps, lol. While you're typing you use your mouse and highlight the word or words you want to make a link....for example you might be typing about Bridge and Beyond...highlight the words Bridge and Beyond and look at your toolbar right there in the area where you're typing, click on the link logo and do a cut and paste or type the link, click ok

    ReplyDelete